knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, August 07, 2006

A finished sock


Two more pattern repeats and I'll be onto the toe of the second lace sock, although I'm pleased with teh way this is turning out i don't know if I'll do it again, I've never managed to learn the pattern which I've found frustrating, I'm too used to being able to knit socks on auto pilot.

I did get this pair finished today, one more orphan with a mate. I cast on a new sock on the Pony pearl needles that my Secret pal sent me, I went and left it at work though so you'll have to wait for pictures until tomorrow I'm afraid. I'mnot sure how I feel about the new needles yet, I'm not used to knitting with plastic, and they are shorter than the DPN's that I'm used to. I'm knitting an alpaca/silk blend that is new to me as well so it's all in teh nature of an experiment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I know what you mean - I knit with metal dpns too and it took a while to get used to the ponies. For me they are perfect for lace or cabled socks because they are so elastic ...

Congratulations for finding the pattern! And you know what!? It's the perfect time to restart the Noro, so it'll ber finished "in time"

Take care SP

9:04 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home