knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, August 04, 2006

Knitting away


Two, yes two socks at the foot stage, not only that these are mates for 2 lonely little orphans.









I've been knitting up a storm today, I managed to get seats where I could knit on all my buses today and the rest of the passengers were a rich selection of strangeness that made me keep my head down and knit furiously! Those that weren't strange were screaming babies. The larger split rings for our stitchmarkers arrived today so we're making progress there as well.

Even the second sock has grown today by another pattern repeat - I've alsoe sorted through 5 boxes of 'stuff' to find craft things so that I can get on with things I have planned tomorrow - it even made the flat a little bit tidier. I have a deadline of the end of August to get tidy as I have council workman coming to check the gas appliances.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Five Sons said...

Love the colours,what needles are you using?,

I can knit socks with 8ply /using 3 3/4 mm needles, fast and I had a go at counting the heel rows as an attempt to work out your pattern,LOL,
I have a basic one that starts with 40 st for boot style socks and use a opal pattern for the finer yarns,that way I don't have to refer to the instructions all the time! I love mindless knitting as my life is just too complicated at moment!!!!

12:39 pm GMT  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

I notice you have a colour theme running atm. I do that where most of the projects I knit have similar hues. I've just started a jaywalker sock- what are your favourite needles to use? I'm using addi aluminiums, but I'm pondering on whether to get some bamboo?

9:11 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home