knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Searching always searching

Now, I'm thrilled with this, it matches the ashtray I got some time ago, it's big and heavy and it doesn't go with the colour scheme anywhere in the flat but still, I may have to redecorate in it's honour!


These are just another cup and saucer that are different to all my others, I could haev a HUGE tea party if I had any room that wasn't full of wool!

I spent an entertaining day today looking for the pattern so I can, as suggested finish my Noro sweater, no luck so far, but I found a pile of things to try selling on eBay, and I found the missing yarn for my apple blossom sock, that gives me bus knitting for this week at least. Poor Hecate never got to sleep all day today as every where she went I was sorting through boxes and filing trash bags, why do I always wait until my last day off before running around like a semi crazed person trying to do everything in one day?

Anyway, these two pictures show the sweater as far as it had gone, I can carry on a little longer on the body before I must have the pattern, plus I have one sleeve finished although I want to lengthen it now I have more yarn - I managed to find that eventually! The pattern was in Simply Knitting towards the beginning of last year and I think it's also in a book of Noro patterns, I'm knitting it in the round rather than flat, but if anyone can give me a clue as to the end shaping of the sleeve and the armholes/neck for teh largest size I may be pathetically grateful! In the mean time, I'll keep looking as I've actually lost the patterns for all my WIP's at present.

PS, congratulations are due to a friend of mine who just got herself a new job - I'm wishing her success and a manager who isn't related to Stalin

3 Comments:

Blogger My Five Sons said...

Oh I wish you luck,theres nothing worse than getting half way through a project to find that the instructions have grown legs and scarpered!
I love the colour of that Noro!,I am into that sort of thing lately,its been very cold here,-4 to 16 degrees and I love coming home from work at 1.30pm to a hot bath and a comfy wool jumper!

11:43 am GMT  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

don't forget to mention your ebay id when you start selling

3:25 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh!
... that's why I take as many patterns as possible out of books. It's one of my hobbies to loose knitting magazines and find them a day or two after I frogged the whole thing...
Good luck!

SP

6:51 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home