knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, July 24, 2006

Quilting, views and knitting!

I've been visiting with my mother and my eldest sister. My sister is working on this quilting and I asked her to let me take pictures so that I can share with you how clever she is!
This is a sampler quilt that she's making, I gather there will be 9 squares surrounded by what looks like a twining ivy pattern.
I don't know enough about what she's doing to be able to tell you the names of the different styles of quilting but I think it's going to be gorgeous.


This I know is made with hand made bias strips, as you can see from the needle this is the square she is working on.









I took this on my way to work this morning, it was lovely bright sunshine reflecting off the leaves, I couldn't resist getting my camera out.













The early morning sun (6am) makes the bricks of these houses glow, they stop being plain red and turns them golden.






This statue is on my way to the office in Manchester.















Proof that it's warmer here than it used to be, a palm tree in a small garden near my office - I'm afraid the litter pickers hadn't been round when I took this so the background is messy.














My latest bus sock - I don't know how I got so much done today, I'm almost at the toe shaping already.

2 Comments:

Blogger scarletprincess said...

Those quilting squares are absolutely stunning!! is lovely how talents for crafts run in some families like yours and mine. I dare to think what it would be like to not create.

7:34 am GMT  
Blogger Lilith said...

the quilting is gorgeous!! please tell your sister i'm full of awe at her skill!!

10:37 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home