knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, July 17, 2006

How many ways can I say hot?

Kitten trying to cool down - if she didn't keep trying to jump out of the windows neither of us would be so hot! I can't let her out until she's been spayed, so I can only have the windows open an inch or two or she'll be out like a shot. The forecast for the next few days is for even hotter weather, I'm taking two days off work in hopes of it getting cooler at the end of the week.

I'm declaring second sock syndrome abolished, I'm steadily working my way through the orphans and making the pairs, it's a system that has definitely worked for me, I'm thoroughly enjoying making the second socks because I've had a break from the yarn. I did get some knitting done on my bus this morning but this ofternoon my bus overheated and the radiator boiled, we ahd to wait for another bus and it was extremely crowded, no room for knitting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I don't read your blog since the beginning but:
how many orphans did you have and how many are left?

A few months ago I had three wonderful new balls of sock yarn and decided to knit one sock out of every yarn and afterwards the partners ... that didn't work for me! I really had to pull myself together to knit the partners ... so no more singles for me

Take care SP

PS We have about 37 C today and I have to work :-((

PSS I have to say that I really like what you show of Manchester - maybe I should come for a short trip ;-)(don't be afraid it's a joke only)

10:34 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home