knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Progress and plans

The two yarns I'm mixing in this sock have worked really well, once I've done the foot in variegated yarn there'll be the right balance of plain and fancy yarn, at the moment the plain heel is out of proportion. I'm making a pink pair of socks for a friend but this pair should turn out to be mine! I'm getting into a pink as well as a purple phase!













Some of my other socks in progress - the back one may be an Angel Yarns hand dyed yarn , but I've lost the skein band and don't seem to have wound it into the ball as I now do as a matter of course. The yellow/green is thr Cherry Tree Hill 'Key Lime Pie' colour, I knew I'd not resist starting it for long! The pink sock is for my friend - I'm hoping this version will meet with her approval!!







This book was recommended by the Yarn Harlot and arrived today - I love it, it makes such a change to find patterns in large sizes, I'm dreaming of making the two sweaters I've pictured here, but will try and be sensible and start with a very nice scarf! There's a great hat too , but designed for a 19cm head - mine is nearly 25cms and is the bane of my life, I can never find a good pattern that doesn't need so much adapting I'm not able to make it to fit me yet.

This hooded sweater is gorgeous and I'd love to make it for next autumn, I'll add it to my list of things to make for now.

April plans
Targetted this month - finish 4 pairs of socks, get a scarf done that I have in mind as a gift, continue working on my bright pink jacket and the lilac variegated sweater in the round. I also want to get on with the garden and some more domesticity - flat cleaning and organising which is an ongoing problem for me. I signed up for Secret Pal 8 - my first and am already casting my mind over ideas that might be good as gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home