knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, March 06, 2006

Not much to see here

It may not look like much, but I've finished the gusset on this sock and am on to the foot despite the driver of my bus this morning clearly believing thet if he accelerated over the traffic slowing bumps in the road that we might achieve the first flight of a bus!
As I staggered off the bus at my destination, clearly shaken rather than stirred I spied the problem, the dear driver had his newspaper open over his instrument panel so he couldn't see what speed he was doing!
Coming home was little better as I was right next to a baby in his pram who had clearly had enough of being out and was demanding that he and his parents returned home immediately, if not sooner. I could have shown you a picture of the 5 rows of the back of my pink jacket that I squeezed in whilst watching Master Chef Goes Large, but it isn't very exciting either! I remember now why I do socks, it gives me something to show fairly quickly and at regular intervals.
I do have a question for those of you who read this blog and might know. How can I join chunky acrylic wool in a scarf? This Patons Funky Chunky is very soft and thick and 100% acrylic, it also isn't plied at all. In the sweater I could easily weave in ends and even splice the yarn, but in the scarf I'm making that won't work. It's in K4,P4 basket weave pattern if that helps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home