knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, February 24, 2006

The kindness of strangers

Two weeks ago yesterday on my way home from work I lost the small packet you see in the picture here. It contained 7 small denomination coins, none of them legal tender here. They weren't mine, they belonged to a friend and I was absolutely devastated that I'd been so stupid/careless with someone else's property. I did manage to obtain replacements, but they didn't have teh same sentimental value and although my freind was really generous spirited about the loss I've been beating myself up mentally ever since. Yesterday I went to catch the bus home early as my partner was due and a Spanish lady at the bus stop stopped me, fished in her handbag and produced this same bag of coins, she'd been looking out for me in case she saw me!. Words fail me to describe how I feel, I never in my wildest dreams thought that getting them back was a possibility, I've been grinning alternately with filling up with tears every time I think about it!
Further happiness is this, more merino yarn that may become socks, but I have 200g so it may turn into a baby something or other!











This yarn will become a pair of socks for a friend - longer legs OK??? I have to say I'm not actually tempted to keep this, I bought it with my friend in mind and it's sooo pink it isn't me!










These, however are me, and are the next 3 odd socks, I promise I really will switch to making their mates in March! The bottom left sock is in Koigu, my first try with thi sbarnd, the jury is still out, it seem snice to knit with but I'm not sure if I like the 'feel' of the fabric.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Oh, that's SO good to hear that you got the coins back. And good to know that there still are nice people out there!

12:07 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home