knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Minor signs of optimism


With good timing these paperwhite narcissi have flowered over Christmas, I bought 2 Amaryllis bulbs at the same time but they don't seem to want to know, so I'm making the most of these.

I'm still sock knitting with 3 or 4 at different stages depending on my mood and whether or not I'm capable of counting rows!

I'm back in work today and Thursday then off on Friday although that is subject to change as it looks as if my other half will be sat in a snowdrift instead of spending time here. I'm pretty much resigned to Christmas having been a total bust this year and have abandoned it. The tree got put away without ever having been decorated, the cards I received never got displayed and I seem to have come perilously close to doing a 'Bah Humbug' response to the festivities. It all comes of being ill for a large part of December, I never really got in the mood for Christmas at all. Still, hopefully I've got the sickness out of the way and will start the new year in a better frame of mind! I'm certainly going to start with lots of UFO's to complete and a zillion socks to knit. I'll photograph the bowl of part knitted socks tonight - it looks very pretty if a little disorganised!

1 Comments:

Blogger Fred said...

We had two amaryillis (or should that be amaryillii?) last year and they both bloomed separately so don't get too disheartened about them.

11:18 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home