knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Small stash enhancement


I'm trying to find a yarn I can afford to use instead of kidsilk haze which I can't afford> I have her 4 balls of Crystal Palace kid merino, very soft feeling and pretty and £4.25 a 25g ball.
Underneath are 8 30g balls of Ice kid mohair bought on eBay and coming from Turkey - £10 the lot. Clearly the latter isn't the quality of either Crystal Palace or Kidsilk Haze but it is cheap and cheerful and will work for the lacey scarf pattern I have in mind I think.
Knitting arrived yesterday and Knit Today the day before, neither have anything in I'm likely to make for myself - nothing in big sizes anyway although if I knit for any children of friends I may use them. I'm increasingly thinking of ending subscriptions to them both but, I can't get to any shops to pick up the odd one that interests me so I persist for now.
In teh mean time while tidying in my 'office' today I found 400g of bamboo yarn that I know I had plans for but I'm bothered if I can remember what they were. Still, despite sleeping through much of the day I have removed two big bags of rubbish and cleared the debris out of the front garden following the storms on Thursday - that may explain the lack of knitting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home