knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Hats off


Hecate says she works very hard while I'm at work, mostly carrying balls of wool around and putting toys in my shoes I think! This is a relaxed and exhausted cat laying next to me on the settee, I can't think of anything that looks more relaxed and trusting than a cat with its tummy exposed and legs and head pointing in all directions whiel she sleeps!

Finished! One hat, it needs blocking but I suspect I'll be wearing it today as it's cold and windy here at present. I debated adding a pom pom like the pattern said, but the way the colours have turned out around the decreases looks too good to me to hide! I'd inetended the decreases to show as spokes of a wheel but misread the instructions and got a spiral effect instead, luckily I like it. It only took 63g of double knit yarn to make and even with my restricted knitting at present was done in less than 3 days. I have a feeling I may be making more of them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen said...

Excellent decision to lay off on the pom-pom - that is a great-looking hat! I really like how the colours fell out at the top.

2:24 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home