knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Christmas!


I managed to finish this shawl, it's a really bad picture I'm afraid and now I've found another ball of yarn, I may pretend I didn't, or I may see if it will make fringe as I don't think unpicking the casting off in this fluffy yarn is an option.
I finished wrapping the gifts I'm taking to my Mum's flat tomorrow - I'm staying over night there and my brother will come over on Christmas Day then bring me back home, I'm trying to reduce how much driving he has to do, I always feel guilty about him chauffeuring me around at Christmas.

Hecate is staying safely out of my way tonight. I've been reknitting the front of the waistcoat that I frogged yesterday, as you'll see in the picture below, I've caught up on everything I undid, but she just managed to tip apple sauce onto the ball of yarn I'm knitting with, luckily not too much or she'd be in her carrying cage about now for her own safety!

I'll wash this when it's finished, it's very close to being done, I'll take it with me tomorrow as I should be ready to pick up the stitches all the way around the front before doing endless rows of rib - on 400+ stitches. I hope I'll be able to show you some progress when I get back on Christmas evening. For tonight I'll just plod on trying to remember to decrease at the armhole AND the neck edge when I'm meant to!

I hope you all have a lovely time this Christmas, whether you celebrate Christmas or another festival and that the New Year brings us all hope and peace.
Lixie, thank you for your good wishes - you really are very organised and way ahead of me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

8:12 pm GMT  
Blogger My Five Sons said...

HI I hope you have had a wonderful day as it will probably over by the time you read this!
Your vest looks fantastic and am waiting eagerly to see it in its finished glory!!!

12:38 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home