knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yummy things


There's less knitting happening than usual still, I'm still taking pain killers for the sore shoulder, although less than I was, but by the time I get home from work I sit down, have something to eat and fall asleep with Hecate, not much knitting time is left. I suspect that knitting less while it heals is a good thing so I'm not fighting it. These very lovely chocolates arrived this week having been delayed in the Christmas mail on their way from Germany, thank you Sibille, they are very nice, I'm rationing them to make them last and to try and prove that I'm really a grown up!

A friend who doesn't knit very sweetly got her daughter to buy me some fancy yarn as a Christmas gift because she knew I'd knitted lots of it as Christmas gifts. I didn't have the heart to say that I was knitting all that type of yarn up with no intention of replacing it! Instead of having at most 4 or 5 scarevs worth of eyelash yarn left I seem to have around 10 again. I'm still hoping to use up all of it this year, I'm sorting through all my stash including the oddments of this type of yarn and I will use it all or give it to my neighbour to knit.

In the mean time I dug this book out for inspiration - originally published in 1943, it's very old fashioned, but I think a little gem. I may not be able to knit as much as I want at the moment, but I can plan knitting and make spreadsheets of all my plans for the year - I make wonderful plans even if I never actually achieve them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home