knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The astro turf goes ever on


I've christened the green scarf astro turf and knitted another 50g of it today, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll have it done by the end of the weekend so that i can wash it and see if it softens. I haven't taken anoterh photograph of it, there are only so many pictures of mounds of green stuff that I can bear to inflict upon you. Instead I'm offering you by way of slight relief at least in terms of colour the beginning of a shawl in Adriafils Stars that I bought at the beginning of my rediscovery of knitting. This is my pick up/put down easily knitting that I do when I'm bored with everything else, it doesn't grow much but will be finished eventually.
Better news is that I've started the yoke on the left front of my chunky jacket and that when Hecate stole my waistcoat front (she fell in love with the ball of yarn) she didn't do any harm despite dragging the knitting round the flat and taking the ball of wool downstairs. I'm going out straight from the office tomorrow for a meal so goodness knows what sort of chaos she'll cause in my absence. I may well not have time to blog until Thursday but I should get at least some of the green stuff knitted up - I'm sure you will all be on the edges of your seats in eager anticipation!
Hecate is less kitten like everytime I look at her, and when she falls asleep in the crook of my left arm she seems extremely heavy, then I see her leaping around the flat as light as a feather and as energetic as a kitten and I'm not so sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home