knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Loot and 'not a sock'


Yes, I know this is the current sock, I decided to keep it jogging along while I cast on another cable tunic, I've decided to make 1 year things for the expected babies, everyone I knwo seems to have huge babies nowadays, and I'd rather make things for when the child is a little older anyway.

So, here we have the first rows of the cable tunic, I need to find my 4mm needles to carry on, I'm always running short of needles due to casting on too many garments, it does feel strange knitting with double knitting after so long mostly knitting socks in 4ply!

These arrived today, all nice additions to my collection - and cheap too!


This is what I term 'Japanese Arklow' it matches a vase that I have, the dark blue colour is gorgoeus, I don't see this style often but I keep hoping!


Art studio pottery, this storage jar matches a large vase and ashtray but wil have to be kept safely from kitten as she will ahve taht wooden lid in no time flat!

Finally, a parcel from Get Knitted, I forgot to take a picture of the new Knitting Magazine - Knit Today, I've only glanced at it so far so I'm not sure if I'll get more, I'll take a good look this evening. I'm keen to try the Cascade Sassy Stripes and the Wildfoote sock yarn that is here.




Here we have Lorna's Laces in Cedar and Mineshaft, I love knitting socks from Lorna's Laces but I'm afraid I only buy it when it's reduced!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home