knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Progress for May and planning for June

May's progress has been restricted by spending time with Hecate and with dealing with the relationship issues and with work. I finished 4 socks, one that finished my friend's pair of tiger socks. I also knitted a third of an eyelash scarf, the front back and ears of Bagpuss and did a fair amount of sewing. I also did some knitting on things I can't show you. I didn't actually have anything on my 'to do' list for this month as I didn't anticipate doing anything much in May.This second sock is doing well, Hecate has let me knit today and I've also done a lot of clearing out of my office, I finally set up my small stereo in here, something I've promised myself for the last 2 years. My replacement breadmachine came today, I made a lovely loaf of bread and burnt my thumb on the new machine, more knitting will have to wait until tomorrow now.
More material for my patchwork, I decided I wanted a plain backing for the pink piece and some larger pieces of lilac to give me a back ground to teh fancy small pieces I bought.
Another shamrock cup, from Waterford this time, I haven't tracked down any list of what different pieces were made, so I just keep my eyes open, I have made a decision not to buy any of the fox hunting pieces on principle.
Plans for June
I'm not sure what I can achieve,work will be busy on my return, and I'm determined to carry on with the reorganisation of the flat. I'll carry on with socks on the bus, if I can finish 4 more that will finish off pairs of socks I'll be pleased. I want to finish off something for my secret pal too, beyond that I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much Hecate lets me do once I go back to work and she is left on her own during the day. I have a package almost ready to be sent to my pal and a pile of novels I haven't read, I'm hopingto get to the local knitting group in June as well. Reading that over, I think it may well keep me quite busy enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home