knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Nursery rhyme time!

I couldn't resist this, we have here the perfect illustration for Baa baa black sheep have you any woool? I have a few sheep, mostly white in my display cabinet but this is the only group of black sheep. Carved out of Welsh coal they sit with 2 other coal carvings. One is of a black, sleek and sinuous cat and the other (won in a raffle at a Trade Union conference) is of the patron saint of coal miners - her name escapes me at present.
I was a trade union activist in my past and my coal carvings act as a reminder of some of those days.

The sock was progressing well - nearly to the end of the heel flap but Hecate was in affectionate mode tonight and has spent the evening asleep in my arms - no knitting is possible then!
I have thought of making yesterdays fabric into a knitting bag, I'm just trying to work out the best way of using such a suitable fabric, I'd like to make a needle roll for my DPN's at least as well, so I'm thinking of buying plain fabric and using some of the patterned as trimmings to give a coordinated set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home