knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Sock and bus fares

The sock progresses, I got a full journey to work this morning to knit in, coming home the bus got crowded and I had to abandon knitting. I've been somewhat peeved today as my bus fares went up yet again. When I moved to my flat just under two years ago my weekly ticket was £8.50, it allowed me to travel in one of the 2 travel zones, the only one I want to travel in and the only one I have time to travel in. They then scrapped my single zone ticket so I had to buy a two zone ticket, that was £10 per week (reduced from £11 to try and make it look like a bargain, last year it went up to £11 and today it had gone up to £12 a week. Whilst I realise that it isn't a huge sum, and many people pay much more to travel to work it is still a 30% increase.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

they never go down do they? Watch your mail got your package on its way along with a little something(GG)

6:44 pm GMT  
Blogger Daisy said...

Hmm, yes it wasn't that long ago that a one day all zone bus pass was £2. Which seemed good value. Now it's £3.50, which is a heck of an increase!

Yes, it doesn't sound much, but that soon adds up!

7:18 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home