knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, April 14, 2006

Socks - pair 2

I finally finished a second pair of socks for April, thi sis seascape bought way back from Fyberspates, I just need to sew in the ends and I'll have 16 pairs of socks, taking the opportunity to catch up with my washing this weekend and go bare foot this means that next week I can gloat over a small drawer full of over 2 weeks worth of hand knit socks!
I'm still sleeping for England, I sat down to watch repeats of Michael Palin's sahara this afternoon, saw day 3 of his travels and then woke up at day 50! Nowadays I always set the video for things I really want to see as I never seem to stay awake long enough anymore.
Square 6 of the teach yourself to knit afghan, this is diagonal rib, fun but I'm not sure when I'd use it, I'd think it woudl work well on what I always called a skinny rib tank top, I don't have the figure for that sort of thing anymore! I'd planned on one or two squares a week, so now the first excesses of enthusiasm have settled down (I did 7 in a week) I intend returning to my original knitting plans for this month although I just heard an old friend at work had a baby girl recently so I need to produce something soon - baby was born over 9lbs so the one girlie thing I have nearly finished is too small as it's first size.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home