knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pride going before a fall?

I was doing so well at the weekend, knitting up a storm and doing housework, I really should have known better!
Sunday evening I dropped a stitch or two on the scarf in Wendy Cosmic - it's only garter stitch with a yarn round the needle twice every other row, but being fluffy I can't pick the rotten thing up right, I've frogged what seems like half a ball of yarn and it still isn't right, so I've abandoned it until next time I'm at home in daylight.
Monday night I got home and found that the freezer door hadn't closed properly on Sunday and had defrosted the fridge and the freezer and tripped out the motor so I spent an entertaining evening throwing away the food I'd planned on living on during December owing to a slight overspend on wool!
Tuesday my journey home from work was enlivened by pupils at a local school who decided to throw what looked like half a brick at my bus shattering one window.
I dread to think what this evening will bring!
On the knitting front the shrug is growing slowly, I cast on a new sock in a red/blue mix called red china and have reached the foot in my favourite cuff down pattern, I have done a small amount more of the old brown/cream sock but I may never reach the end of it - I'm trying not to think about it too much! I do have 2 complteed pairs and I love them dearly, I'm determined to have enough pairs by the end of the winter to wear hand knit socks every day of the week! I just may have to declare that winter lasts until July to achieve this ambition.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Dear Rachel,

Thank you very much for your comment on my blog, about how to position pictures. I'll try again tomorrow. Meanwhile, I've added you to my Favorites list and look forward to logging in often.

Cheers! Jean

1:42 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home