knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, November 06, 2005

One hoodie done


I cast it on last Sunday and just sewed 'he button on, I don't need it til Tuesday so I'm early! As stocking stitch baby coats go it's not bad, simply because you knit it pretty much all in one go, just picking up stitches to add the front bands and the cuffs. I just have the pink on eto finish (that's meant for putting in my reserve pile for babies I hear about late!





Also, I succumbed to the temptation of the lasagane scarf and produced the item you see here - it's made of Debbie Bliss arran which has left the fabric a bit loose although the ruffled edge has worked well. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this, it's very quick and easy to do, took me less than a day, but needed 3 circular needles and 8 double pointed needles as my other 5mm circular was in use. As an exercise in patience it was OK, I'm not sure if I'd make it again, but it ended up being quicker than my eyelas yarn scarves!

For the third night in a row the fireworks are destroying the peace and quiet, and I really want an early night - I have my blood tests first thing Monday morning then my Nottingham trip after that on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'm just deciding what knitting to take with me, something light and simple for the train so I think it maybe that I'll take the scarf planned for my best friend's mother, although I am very tempted to take one of my lace shawl patterns and soem laceweight to play with in my hotel room Tuesday night.

Christmas knitting progress, I have one scarf half done, one 2/3rds done, one nearly 2/3rds done and a shawl about 1/4 done. One scarf is about 2" long and one is 4" long! I haven't started my brother's gloves, nor a shrug I promised a friend. I have however finished evrything I promised to make for my neighbour to give as gifts and thw first three scarves and the shawl won't need to be done until the first week of December (although if I over run I can post them). I also now have a spare lasagne scarf and no idea if there is anything I can knit for my partner!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are a crazy fast knitter! I can't believe how much you can get done, way to go!

3:31 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home