knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Lace!


It seemed reasonable as I was spending a night in Nottingham where the lace industry flourished to make an attempt at some real lace knitting! I had a quiet evening in the smallest hotel room I've ever encountered and produced this! 50 rows of the Yarn Harlot's snow drop shawl.
I realise white yarn would make sense but this pale yellow was cheap on ebay while I experiment! It'll just have to be a crocus shawl if it ever happens to get finished. For now I will put in a lifeline and leave it while I make Christmas gifts.

I had wanted to make a circular shawl but haven't worked out how to do 8 stitches on 4 DPN's - would bamboo slip less?

1 Comments:

Blogger Uknitty said...

Starting of the centre of a shawl on DPN's is a bit of a trial. I',m not crazy about DPN's at the best of times but in my experience do find bamboo much easier to work with as they do seem to grip a bit better.

On the bright side of things, at least the rows grow really quickly at the centre of the shawl so you should be able to move them on to a circ pretty quickly.

C x

8:45 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home