knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, October 02, 2005

September progress

Firstly,non knitting progress!!
I went to the gym at least 3 times a week all month, I can now walk up a flight of stairs without getting out of breath, walk for 12 minutes on the treadmill at 2 miles per hour - up from 3 minutes at 1.5 miles per hour and have started using the cross trainer if only for 3 minutes at a time. Also I have increased the number of repetitions I do on the weights. I have a long long way to go but have seen real progress this month. I see my Dr mid October and hope that she wil be pleased.
Knitting related - I have catalogued about 1/2 to 2/3 of my stash and bagged up most of what I don't have immediate plans for - sock wool doesn't count - that will become socks! If the council actually do my loft insulation on Friday my long term yarn is in bags waiting to go up there for the next few months.

Knitting progress
Hmm - not good I had 6 things or part garments on my list of things to finish I achieved one, not impressive, but I did get sidetracked by a number of scarves and a sock! Also I am finally at a point to show the part made clapostis one and clapotis two!


I've finished the aqua jumper, my purple scarf, the first peacock scarf and the green/yellow (apple blue) merino sock. It's just a shame only the aqua jumper was on the to do list!



The second brown /cream/blue sock is almost to the heel flap, the second apple blue sock is still on the cuff.

As you can see the scarves for my neighbour are growing apace - I'm actually making 7 - a total of 21 balls of yarn to knit and so far have knitted 6 and 6 part balls.



Thia clapotis is on 4mm needles made from Yarn Art's Summer, this is less than one ball so far, it doesn't drape as well as the other clapotis though as it's much lighter but will be nice in summer I think.

This is the original clapotis - in Hip Knits silk - it feels gorgeous, the silk does pill a little but I love it to bits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home