knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, September 02, 2005

Finished and almost finished objects


Another day off work has enabled me to really make some progress - the second Christmas shawl is finished - including the fringe, this time I started adding the fringe once I was about 2/3rds of the way through the kniting so I didn't run out of fringe this time. With great nobility I have even cast on the third Christmas shawl straight away - the fourth shawl is mine, to replace the one I gave away so I probably won't do that one immediately after the blue one - 5 of them in a row would I think leave me gibbering under a table somewhere.


The pink fun tape bag is finished - I changed the handle pattern and it seems to have worked well and will now sit in the bottom of my back pack for the days on which I wind up with too much shopping- although it may wind up as another stash store instead.

A lovely surprise in the post today - I bought soem New Zealand yarn on Ebay the other week, four 100g skeins, the lady I bought it from found another ball in her stash and sent it to me out of the blue - I know it wouldn't have been much use to her, but it was a nice gesture.

Finally, the sock, is complete except for grafting the toe, for the life of me I can't make sense of the instructions I have for that, I've tried twice and failed and am now looking for either a diagram or an alternative explanation or method so I can finish and start number 2 before second sock syndrome sets in. I'm not normally this dim but it looked truly dreadful when I tried to do what I thought I was supposed to be doing. Can anyone point me to any help?


2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I think there's grafting videos and stuff on www.knittinghelp.com (try under basic techniques?) I've found the videos on here really helpful!

9:25 am GMT  
Blogger rachel said...

Thanks ever so much - I'm going to look at some of the other videos as well as I'm pretty much self taught and really only cope with simple straightforward things.

9:18 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home