knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, September 23, 2005

Yes, it is the wrong sock!


I know I'm supposed to be finishing second sock this month, and I have made progress with it, the cuff is finished and I'm half way along the leg, but I've been hankering to make a sock that would fit me. As a result of this strange sock craving I cast on a sock in merino yarn this week, I used 3mm DPN's which has given a looser fabric but big enough to fit me and the merino seems thicker then the Opal sock yarn so the fabric still feels warm. Unfortunately I panicked in case I ran out of yarn so I've made an ankle sock and then ended up with loads of yarn left. I'll save all the spare yarn and make really stripey socks eventually.
There has been a major breakthrough today - I managed to graft the toe and it worked first time - and I almost understand what I'm doing, I live in hopes that soon I won't need to follow the instructions step by step out of a book!

In other news, the council's workmen failed to turn up to install the extra insulation they promised, so now I have to refill the airing cupboard and wait another fortnight before they do it. I've been to the gym 3 times this week and am beginning to notice some quantifiable improvement in how much I can do - as I'm in the office 5 days next week I'm hoping to manage 5 gym sessions, I see my physio on Monday and hope she will see an improvement.

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

That's fab - well done! I've made fingerless mittens and baby socks to use up leftover sock yarn.

10:12 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home