knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, October 03, 2005

Clapotis addition

What I forgot to say in yesterday's post, amongst other things is the slight change I've made between clapotis 1 and 2. I read somewhere, I forgot where that instead of knitting the stich between the ktbl you should purl it, that way you can dispense with all the stitch markers. I've found that it works except at each end on the increase rows and the increase end of the straight rows. I put in a stitch marker when I increase and remove it once the pattern is clearly established, I tried the method on a dark brown wool and it doesn't work so well as I find it much harder to see the purl stitch, but on the light coloured Yarn Arts Summer it works fine and I tested it on the other variegated blue Hipknits silk and it's fine even on the darker blue areas.
Dispensing with the stitch markers makes the work look neater while I'm knitting it and I find it much quicker without them, clapotis 2 has only taken me 2 weeks to reach this stage even with all the scarf knitting. Both clapotis have one less increase pattern in the width as I wasn't sure if I'd have enough yarn for the full width and I tend to prfere long scarves rather than wide ones!

For anyone not sure about starting the pattern, I have to say that it's proved very easy to establish and easy to remember!

1 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

I'm halfway through my first Clapotis and am really enjoying it - it's great for public transport knitting or in front of the TV! And I LOVE dropping the stitches! :-)

4:38 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home