knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Checking in on Sunday


I'm still not making great progress with my secret pal knitting or with my Christmas knitting in fact but I did cast on this sock as a Christmas gift, it's Natural Dye Studio's yarn, I love their colours and they make lovely simple socks.

Knitting a simple sock would be much simpler if Hecate didn't try to help me all the time, she's reacted badly to me returning to work after the month I was off sick and is alternately sulky and clingy, I've never had to deal with separation anxiety from a cat before and I'm trying to get us back into a routine to try and help her to settle down again.
I have finally on about the fifth attempt managed to get the cable pattern established in the second cable sock - it might have helped if I'd written the pattern down when I invented the first one! Next sock after this will be the Embossed Leaves pattern in Forest although I may also try that pattern in the Maizy yarn as it is coloured in autumn leaf colours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home