knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, June 24, 2007

75 rows to go


I managed to solve my last mistake and reached round 150, this felt like a mile stone so I spread it out as far as I could and took a few pictures, clicking on them will show you a larger version.

I still can't make up my mind if the panels with the fern leaves are worth the effort, I think I'll have to reserve judgement until the shawl is finished. I do know that I just ground to a halt again as I've spotted a mistake that I need to fix and I'm too tired to fix it right now. Hecate woke me just before 6am today by climbing onto the top of the fourposter, trying to catch her own tail and falling off, crash landing on me.

I'm liking the way that the corner turns out even though you don't knit any extra fullness into the border it seems to be stretchy enough to go round.

This isn't terribly clear as a black cat on a dark brown background doesn't work well, but Hecate came to inspect my work!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lilith said...

Now that's what I call an heirloom shawl! Might even attempt it myself! Well done!

8:36 am GMT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Just one word: wow!

9:12 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home