knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Somewhat over excited!


I've finished the edging of the shawl - it's taken me less than 3 weeks, althopugh one week I did have as a week off work which may help to explain how much more quickly this knitted up than I had estimated!

I used a provisional cast on which wasn't in the instructions and I'm very glad that I did, I Kitchener stitched the two ends together and I'm ecstatic with ho wwell it has worked out, even close up I can't see the join easily!


The next job is to pick up 960 stitches, it's a slow process, so far I've picked up 50 and expect it to take me several days, especually as I'm also at the point of knitting teh ruffle on my blue Spanish Dancer shawl as well, everything I'm working on is made up of long or extremely long rows! I have a busy week ahead of me as well, I'm out for dinner twice and staying overnight at my mother's flat once so my blogging may be a bit erratic but hopefully I'll be able to make good progress with the shawls. It definitely tests the mettle of a man if you knit in their company, this wek I'll be testing two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home