knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, March 17, 2006

Socks and sneezes

Today's finished sock - called Jungle Poppy! It is currently sat in the pile of orphan socks awaiting a mate in the future. I had hoped to have a sweater sleeve to show off today, but I ran out of time and have been struck by an exciting cold today so I've reverted to obsessively knitting socks. I find thet falling asleep whilst knitting socks is less dangerous than falling asleep when knitting lace!





Here are the orphans all awaiting their partners, I plan on casting on at last one of the missing mates tonight as I currently have 2 empty sets of DPN's.











Three of these are mates in progress, I'm beginning to think that I'll soon have enough socks to last a fortnight! I may well be stuck with only 2 sweaters but my feet will be clean and warm.








An odd sock and a pair, these are the closest to being finished, in fact the Seaspray colourway should reach the toe very soon, but what I really want to do is finish the Koigu sock as that will make my first pair and I want't to see how they feel and how they wash.

Interestingly (at least to me) the man on the bus who valiantly tries to read his paper whilst hampered with thick gloves has progressed, he now picks up the paper without the glove, then puts it on to attempt the reading process, I can't help wondering if evolution wil help him past this stage!

3 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Which yarn have you used for the jungle poppy socks? I love the way the colours have come through.
Wish I could knit on the bus or whilst being a car passenger, it just makes me feel sick. If I could I'd get SO much more knitting done!

4:48 pm GMT  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love the socks! I wish I could commute on a bus. I could get tons of knitting done!

8:14 pm GMT  
Blogger Lilith said...

never mind evolution, sounds like he needs brains....

11:44 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home