knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, January 27, 2006

Quirks and stupid stripes

First a picture of more sock wool - I know I needed it - really I did while I deal with being tagged by Cathy on the following!
Groundrules: The first player of this game starts with the Topic"5 weird habits of yours" and people who get tagged need to write a blog entry about their 5 quirky habits as well as state this rule clearly.In the end you need to choose the next 5 people to be tagged and list their names.
I'm coming to this rather late so won't tag anyone, however, if anyone reading this wants to consider themselves tagged - be my guest!


1) I'm an obsessive collector, once I start collecting a set of something I carry on even after I've stopped being interested in whatever it is, as a result I resist starting collecting anything (with the possible exception of wool)
2) I have 17 body piercings only 5 of which are normally visible.
3) I mostly listen to folk music when I'm online, have no idea what is in the charts and never put the radio on anymore.
4) I always turn the sound off when politicians speak on TV if I'm on my own.
5) I hate having my morning routine disrupted on a work day - anything out of the ordinary derails me and I have real difficulty in going out of the front door.
Those may not be VEY quirky but they are what I can think of for public consumption by friends and family who read this blog!
This is a happy sock progress picture as is the one above, for information the new yarn is Opal petticoat and an Opal skein called Haggebutte or something similar. I'm not expecting to get much sock knitting done in February due to that Olympic challenge so I'm concentrating on getting several first socks done so that I can do their mates and suddenly have pairs again!






This, this is my problem I was trying to tell myself that the preciseness of the stripes in Carnival Opal didn't matter, but in this sock pattern it does when I knit the heel flap - the stripes double in width - to be expected and possibly lived with, but as you can see in this picture I end up with a green stripe one row wide, then a yellow one the same, this then gos straight to a red stripe because I've used almost a pattern repeat in the heel flap, I think it looks ugly, but don't know how to fix it or if it can be fixed without lots of messing around.


My only thought is whether the afterthought heel would solve at least part of the problem, and if it would can anyone point me to an online explanation of it that they can recommend?

By the way - I got my rejection email from the job interview today, I'm off to celebrate with a glass or two of fine Shiraz!I did at least get one thing right that day - i got it right that I'd been dreadful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home