knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Meandering along

This is turning into a very slow week for knitting, I've not been able to get seats on my evening buses where I can knit and I've honestly been too tiredto do much of anything in the evenings, to prove that I'm about to bath and go to bed before I fall asleep with my nose on the keyboards and invent a totally new language!
Today has been a miserably gray and damp day, with more people asking how the interview went and telling me that it can't have been that bad! Bless them it's very kind but I know when I've made a complete idiot of myself!


This is what I have been playing with in odd moments, the first 24 rows of the Pacific Northwest shawl pattern, I see that someone has made that her Winter Olympic challenge - I'm very impressed, this has taken me 3 days of muttering to get such a small piece done and I'm not sure it is going to turn out as I' d like it to.

I'd intended the Yarn Harlot's snowdrop shawl as my first serious lace, but I'm afraid I just can't get the hang of charts and this pattern has charts and written out instructions - although I'm not yet confident they are entirely correct as they don't seem to reverse the K2tog and SSK as I'd expected, but I'll wait and see! Incidentally I'd have made a lot more progress had I spotted that I was supposed to be doing SSKP not SSk on one row!!! mental note to self, I wil read what th epattern says, not what I think the pattern shows!

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

wow love the pattern for the shawl:) where did you get it please? I am seriously tempted now my shawl is finished and ready for blocking:)

12:01 pm GMT  
Blogger Melissa said...

I just found your blog. Love the pics!! I must know what brand and color the pink and green yarn is!!

6:15 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home