knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Monday, January 30, 2006

Decisions, decisions

Progress on my Lorna's Laces sock, I'm just decreasing for the toe, I'm very happy with this yarn, it's the first time I've used it.
I'm also very happy with my wool socks, it was freezing cold today and my feet have been blissfully warm all day even when waiting for buses!







More merino socks, merrily progressing, at this rate I'll have socks for every day of a fortnight by Easter!
I've decided that I will have to go with overdyeing the clapotis, I should add that I'm not blaming Hipknits for the silk problem, I had a package stolen and Trudi who was running it at the time kindly managed to replace the contents, but I think the problem may have arisen then. I'm terrified of spoiling it as I've never dyed anything, I'll have to do some serious research.
Thank you everyone for the sympathy in your comments - I know you felt my pain!


Here we have Cherry Tree Hill Fall Foliage, Fyberspates Valentine, and a joyful pair of skeins of my favourite Merino bought on eBay, I'm trying to decide which to knit next when I finish my next pair off.
I've checked the online Radio Times for Feb 10th, BBC TV starts showing the Winter Olympics at 18:00 GMT but the actual ceremony start at 19:00 I have visions of the knitting world all casting on at the same time! If a butterfly flapping it's wings causes tornados, what effect will 1800+ knitters casting on at the same time have on the universe?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Yarn is gorgeous and I bet you can't wait to knit it:) Do you have any beginners sock patterns? sock knitters list confused me with all the choices

8:28 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home