knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Please allow me to show off!


This is the end result of the stitch picking up and some enthusiastic knitting in circles, I've managed to do all the plain rows and 6 patterned rows now, I'm loving the flower pattern as it's easy to see what to do next once the first pattern row is done.

I have to confess, this isn't an illustration of patience, quite the opposite, I don't need this to be finished until November and my original obsessive schedule meant that it would be done by the 25th of November. I've knittted this almost to the exclusion of anything else (causing me to be panicking over a birthday gift I want to post at the end of May) and my current schedule indicates finishing by the 22nd of October! I've been adding more complex calculations to my spreadsheet and can tell you that the border was about 37% of the stitches and I've now done 5% of the centre stitches - I told you my spreadsheets get obsessive, I don't dare show you that each day of the week is a different colour etc etc! I've even done some of the plain rows on the bus and been trolling for complements from passing strangers - I really am getting a huge amount of pleasure from how this is turning out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Lou said...

lol! - you are being a sad knitter ... but it really does look lovely!

10:19 pm GMT  
Blogger My Five Sons said...

It is just beautiful,Ill probably run out of words by the time you finish!!!!

12:03 pm GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely lace knitting! I've tagged you for a meme - check my blog...

9:51 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home