knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, May 18, 2007

Books.books, books


Happiness is the arrival of a big box of books from an online bookshop having a warehouse clearance sale! I can’t show you everything that arrived as some of the books are Christmas presents – how impressive is that?

I’ve always loved poetry, in my teens I used to learn poems for fun and although my memory is no longer what it was – not from old age but from several breakdowns and associated periods of medication – I still enjoy reading poetry and have been known to read it aloud to the cat. I’m slowly adding to my library and WH Auden has now been added to my poetry book shelf, now I have to see if Hecate likes his work!


I confess to having all the Mary Poppins books somewhere on one of my many bookshelves and I even have the film on DVD, I prefer the books as they are much darker than the film and I find them more entertaining, I never read them as a child or I might see them differently. I’m having another long weekend next week so hopefully I’ll be able to start some of these in between shawl knitting!


I never used to like Terry Pratchett books, partly I think because I read odd ones out of order and didn’t really get what was going on. A few years ago I got a pile of them from a friend and started reading them in order and decided that I really rather enjoyed them as light reading especially when insomnia strikes me. I couldn’t resist the New Discworld Companion, especially as I’ve never had the old one.

A long time ago I bought Alastair Cooke’s America and thoroughly enjoyed it, I only listened to his radio broadcasts intermittently because I’m not a great fan of Radio 4 and rarely tune my radios into it. When I had the chance to buy this very cheaply I couldn’t resist!

I’ve been tagged by Wibbo to come up with 7 random facts about myself and I’ll try to think of something interesting by tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home