knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Clearly I'm an idiot!


I'd happily reached the end of the 11th round of the shawl centre on Friday, muttering all week that the centre was knitting up very densely but that I wasn't using the intended yarn so maybe that was the cause. At the end of the ball of yarn I started a new one and realised it was MUCH finer than the previous one. I dug out the ball bands of the old and new balls and found that although I'd bought them all at the same time from the same shelf the old ball was 4 ply and all the rest of them were 2 ply.

A good deal of weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth took place and then a lot of frogging! I stayed up until 1am repicking up the stitches and now I'm back to row 10 so I've nearly caught up with myself. One good thing about this (I'm clutching at starws here) is that I've changed a purl row into a knit row so that the lace pattern doesn't merge onto a purl ridge anymore. I have 2 more rounds to go to get back to where I was so I'm off to do that so that I can start the week where I was last week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home