knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Blogging with the help of a cat!


Hecate is sat in the crook of my arm taking occasional swipes at the keyboard and causing even more typos than usual! I finished my square to take to SkipNorth, I don't know whether this side is better, or if the other side is best. I still have to sew in 2 ends and block it to size and shape but at least I got it finished!

I think I like this side best, but I'm going to take it to work and ask my knitting colleague what she thinks.

After casting on the second sleeve for this jumper, I've got a fair bit done, I'm finding the body of the jumper hard work now it's split into two, it's heavy and makes my shoulder ache a bit, but I've done around 3" of the back so far.

I'm swatching for an aran sweater, I have a big cone of this oiled yarn to play with, I'm not used to oiled yarn and it feels very rough on my hands. I've almost done enough to be able to plan out the sweater, I'm intending basing it on a pattern that I have only with fewer cables in it, I'm just learning aran so I don't want to make it too complicated.

1 Comments:

Blogger littlelixie said...

That's one good looking square! Mine is now working out OK and is making good tube knitting.

7:04 pm GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home