knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Thursday, February 15, 2007

The shawl!


My camera was out on loan yesterday and I was up to my eyes in the last of the increases for the shawl ruffle - I finally reached 3256 stitches (or about that number, I didn't count) at tea time today. I hate my long circular, it's bamboo with a plastic tube joining the points, the yarn sticks badly and I have to manually move the stitches along every few inches. I gave up on the last row and knit half of it off onto a succession of 4mm single pointed needles

With just the casting off to do I only had this much yarn from the first skein left - most annoying I've had to start another skein just for this.

I suspect that the casting off will take most of a day to do as I can't do too much at a time, this is what the first bit looks like though, nicely ruffled at least! The number of stitches isn't really a problem Hannah, it just takes time and can get tedious. Hecate keeps trying to hunt the needles but is being very loving this evening, what she will do tomorrow when she finds I have a day off work I don't know!

1 Comments:

Blogger My Five Sons said...

Cant wait to see the finished item!!!

8:39 am GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home