knitobsession

The musings of an obsessive knitter and stash collector

Friday, February 23, 2007

What I've been doing


Apart from the next shawl which isn't worth seeing yet as it looks pretty much like it did in the last picture, I've got this sweater to the armhole and split it in two pieces. It's hard to knit now as it's heavy and awkward so I can only do a little at atime to avoid upsetting my shoulder too much. Hecate has finally forgiven me for being late home on Tuesday evening but last night was spent kitten cuddling and not knitting or blogging.

My yarn treat for February, 'After eight' colour hand died sock yarn from an eBay seller, I love the colour and I think it may inspire me back to socks soon. I finished my job application yesterday and emailed it off, now I just have to wait and see if it was a real job or one earmarked for someone and the advert just placed to satisfy the letter of the law in the department.

I forgot to pick up the shawl today, so I carried on knitting on this scarf, it keeps growing just a little bit each week, the plan is that this is a Christmas present in progress which isn't bad for February as it will match the tam o'shanter that I already made. It's not been a bad week for me, I feel as if I'm making progress, my back has been slightly better, I can walk that bit further than I was doing, work has been productive and I made contact by email today with a woman who taufgt at my school just under 30 years ago when she came as an exchange teacher from Baltimore. I'm absolutely thrilled to have found her, she was very kind to me when I was a very sad teenager, it's good to have the opportunity to catch up with her - even if only by email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home